Corporations are faced with the need to transfer the maximum number of employees to remote work. This causes a huge number of problems, both hardware, and software. Employers do not want to lose control over the process, so they are trying to adopt tools for remote monitoring.
The outbreak of coronavirus has shown that the most effective means of combating its spread is the mutual isolation of people. They try to send the staff of the company home, the nature of the job duties of some specialists allows them to remain involved in labor activities. Here another problem arises: the employer does not have many ways to control the employee’s work regime when he is at home.
According to Bloomberg, in recent weeks, in connection with the mass transfer of employees to remote work, the demand for special software to monitor their activities has tripled. Distributors and developers of special programs literally can not cope with the influx of orders. Many of these utilities, after installing a remote employee on a computer, allow you to control his actions, stop attempts to unauthorized distribution of confidential information, and also evaluate labor productivity.
As a temporary solution, some employers try to force employees to spend a lot of time in the videoconference mode, but it is sometimes difficult to justify this with a real business need. Specialized software allows you to monitor employees more elegantly. Of course, not all employees will like it, but the availability of such mechanisms should always be openly negotiated. Some experts urge homeworkers to take this from a different perspective – monitoring tools allow the most motivated of them to prove themselves to the management. An employer using such tools can identify bottlenecks in the organization of business processes, find reserves for increasing labor productivity.
Picture Credit: Unsplash
This publication will discuss cases where antivirus software slows down the speed of browsing sites in the browser, as well as cases when the anti-virus reduces the speed of connecting to the Internet as a whole.
Many users are wondering if antivirus software can slow down the speed of the Internet. However, the answer to this question is not as clear as we would like.
In this article, we will describe to you the situations in which the antivirus program only slows down the process of viewing sites in the browser (without affecting the speed of the Internet connection itself), as well as situations in which the antivirus really reduces the overall speed of the Internet connection.
- To protect your computer from network and external threats, the antivirus uses various scanning methods. If a particular type of scan is not supported by a particular browser, it may take longer to load pages.
- If on the computer, in addition to the antivirus, other protection software is also installed, this can slow down the system. In such cases, when you try to connect to the Internet, the speed may be relatively low.
- Often the speed of connecting to the Internet depends on the hardware and functional features of browsers. In particular, users will definitely encounter problems related to Internet speed if they use antivirus with outdated computer models.
- If the version of the antivirus installed on the PC is out of date, it will take longer to open the pages. Therefore, make sure that the software and browser are updated in order to avoid problems with the Internet speed associated with the use of antivirus.
- Sometimes when you turn on certain firewalls, add-ons and browser extensions, a conflict with the antivirus program may occur. This is why it is best to avoid applications that can affect the Internet and slow down download speeds.
- If there is not enough free space on your PC’s hard drive, but you have installed antivirus, this can slow down the speed of Internet access.
- Picture Credit:
The effectiveness of antiviruses is often the subject of controversy: a discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of free software to protect PCs. To put an end to such discussions, the independent AV-Test laboratory decided to test 18 popular free antiviruses.
What is known about the best free antivirus
According to the specialists of the German company, the antivirus-winner — Microsoft Windows Defender — entered the top ten most effective antivirus programs and received maximum ratings in the categories of “usability” and “reliability of protection”, as well as 5.5 points out of 6 possible by the criterion of “performance “
Microsoft Windows Defender has demonstrated 100% protection against malicious attacks, including zero-day threats, as well as the absence of false locks and warnings.
Why Microsoft Antivirus is the Best
In particular, the application successfully recognized 20,428 virus samples recorded in the last 4 weeks before the test.
During testing, there were used the current version of the program with permission to access cloud services and the current version of signatures.
To test the effectiveness of the antivirus there were analyzed the operation of all its components using real threats. Experts also noted a low level of false positives — after analyzing 1,384,100 samples, the antivirus made a mistake in only two cases.
Where to download antivirus
Note that Windows Defender is already part of the Microsoft operating system and does not require a preliminary installation.
Picture Credit: Pexels